Miranda Tomenson is the owner/founder of Tomenson Performance & Wellness. Miranda has been coaching athletes for 15 years. She has worked with athletes of all ages and abilities, from novice young swimmers to adult runners, swimmers and triathletes. She currently enjoys working with adult athletes who want to achieve their own best performances in endurance sports, while not sacrificing their work, family and personal life to do so. Miranda's athletes consistently make personal best times, and a few have qualified for the Ironman 70.3 and ITU Age Group World Championships. Miranda was given an honourable mention for coach of the year from Triathlon Ontario in 2016.
Miranda obtained her Honours BSc in Interdepartmental Honours Immunology from McGill University in 2007, her MSc in Medical Biophysics in 2009 and her Diploma of Massage Therapy in 2016. In addition, she has taken many courses in exercise physiology, training for sport performance, human biomechanics, sport psychology and nutrition. She holds her NCCP Swim Skills Certification and is a trained Community Triathlon Coach.
Miranda also competes as a professional triathlete focused on the Ironman 70.3 and Ironman distance events. She has raced a lot of the North American long course triathlons, with a personal best of 4:22.37 (Ironman 70.3 Florida) and 9:38.52 (Ironman Arizona). She has competed in the Ironman 70.3 World Championships where she placed 23nd female (2013) and 2nd in her age group (2011).
- Registered Massage Therapist (Sutherland-Chan School of Massage Therapy)
- Certified Swim and Triathlon Coach (National Coaching Certification Program, Canada)
- Certified Spin Instructor
- MSc in Medical Biophysics from University of Toronto (2007-2009)
- Honours BSc in Interdepartmental Sciences (Immunology/Physiology & Biochemistry) from McGill University (2003-2007)
- Part-time student in Kinesiology at the University of Toronto (2011- 2012)
- Specific knowledge in the areas of exercise physiology, biomechanics, training for sport performance, sport psychology and nutrition
- 15 years swim coaching for both Masters level and competitive swimmers
- 9 years coaching and mentoring triathletes (Sprint to Ironman distance) and runners
- 7 years as a cycling instructor and performance testing at WattsUp Cycling
- 2 years as a swim coach for the Toronto Triathlon Club
- Personal experience competing in many of the triathlons offered in Ontario and Toronto-area running races as well as many Ironman 70.3 races on the North American Ironman circuit